Friday, August 19, 2011

Qwerty is a word?

Apparently, QWERTY is an approved word in the 4th Edition of the Scrabble Dictionary. Who knew that our modern day lingo and technology speak had invaded our Language so.
Next thing we know, 'leet' will be in the scrabble dictionary, just like it is apparently in the Google Chrome Dictionary.
But on the topic of language, there are days where I just feel like bashing my head into a brick wall, after seeing how people treat the language I have grown to love and understand these past 19 years of my life.
And QWERTY is scrabble is one of them.
Now, I live and die by the Rules of Language, which is why it irritates me so much to see how people slenderize and abuse what we take for granted every day.
Imagine if no one could speak the same language, everyone spoke random gibberish, that only they understood. Just one day, everyone you knew spoke differently then the you.
How would you feel? Alienated? Alone? Confused?
That's how I feel. Every day of my life.
I appreciate the people who make the effort to understand that our language is a beautiful mistress, that if we care and respect her correctly, we will grow and mature in it, and allow her to grow as well, and become even more beautiful.
But I ramble.

And with that, I bid you adieu for now.
And always remember,
Keep Calm and Carry On.

No comments:

Post a Comment